Concrete Broom Overlay Bag Mix
SureBroom is the premier high-strength thin broom concrete overlay for extreme trafficked areas. Its formulation is designed to transform old, spalled, dull concrete to a freshly broomed surface. Typical areas requiring SureBroom include high rise parking decks, driveways, sidewalks, parking lots, and retail store fronts. Although designed to be broomed, it may also emulate the many designer looks of other thin overlays.
SureBroom may be applied with a concrete broom or by a combination of compressed air spray equipment and/or trowel/squeegee. Restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, surface protection, and creating slip resistance of existing concrete are all realized through SureBroom.
– Can be applied by trowel or squeegee as a cementitious topping for leveling and retexturing interior and exterior concrete surfaces.
– When broomed, the finish resembles freshly poured concrete
– With compressive strength at 6,000+ PSI, it is suitable for vehicular traffic and commercial applications
– Typically used in areas including high rise parking decks, driveways, sidewalks, parking lots or any horizontal concrete surface requiring repair of spalled areas, low spots, etc.
– As an alternative after base coating, it can be sprayed with a hopper gun & compressor to create a heavy bubble, non‐slip surface.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PROPERTIES OF SURECRETE’S BROOM CONCRETE OVERLAY
Coverage Approx 90 square foot @ 2 coats per 50 lb bag (Varies based on substrate
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 4 – 6-1/2 quarts water per 50 lb bag
Base Color White or Gray
Density 132 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 6,128 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-78: 1,575
PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 910 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Concrete Broom Overlay Resistance ASTM C-944: 1 day – 1 gram lost, 7 days- 1 gram lost
Shear Bond ASTM C-882: 1,232 PSI @ 7 days, 1,695 PSI @ 28 days